1. Up-Gradation of GIS/ Remote Sensing Based Crop Estimates and Strengthening of Area Frame Sampling
- Integrating and developing Geo-reference and Digital Girdawari (GRDG) dashboard. This dashboard will consist on Spatial (including Geographic coordinates) and Non-Spatial (Farmer and Crop details) dataset with zero human intervention.This will replace old and classical method of manual Girdawari in Punjab with Geo-spatial technologies.
- Geospatial Agriculture Information System will be developed with integrated Remote Sensing technology tostrengthen the crops estimates through Area frame sampling and Ground Survey information.
- Refining Area Estimation for Major Crops through the collection of about up to one million Spectral Signatures from 5500 sample segments in all the rural Union Councils of Punjab
- Change detection through satellite imagery by comparing images of any two years.This will allow to examine the increase or decrease in area cultivated and calibration with Ground Survey information.
- Capacity building trainings for field staff.
During the Second phase (2022-23), the objective is to develop Land Utilization Statistics to obtain more accuracy in cropped area cultivated in Punjab but separating / excluding urban built up area, forests, roads, canals etc.
Figure shows Geo location of 420 segments (each contains 150 acres) selected through Area Frame Sampling in Lahore Division, Punjab.
2. Area Estimation through "Remote Sensing"
CRS is working on estimation of major crop area through remote sensing
3. Non Development Projects
Mirza Waseem Abbas
Manager Operations & Coordination Crop Insurance Program Punjab